So if you want to start blogging then, you’ve first got to decide which website you want to use. There are a lot of websites to choose from but the main ones are Blogger and WordPress. Personally, I think WordPress is better because it’s very simple and easy to use. It’s also free to use and to create your blog, there are also over 150 themes to pick from which are free too! You can access the amount of views and visitors you get, you are also able to see where the viewers are from which I think is really cool. The sign up is very easy, all you have to do is enter your email address, choose a password and a username.
Once you have created your account, you need to decide what type of blog you’ll be doing: fashion, photography, life, make up etc. Then you’ve got to choose an appropriate name that is linked to your blog, there are blog name generators that you could use or another cool way to make a name is by taking a popular quote or phase from what you are basing your blog on and then you can translate it into another language. You don’t necessarily have to do what I suggested but it is a different way of choosing the name of your blog.
Now for the tips:
1. Pictures matter- pictures make your blog look more interesting. They make it more colourful and they are likely to attract more readers but don’t just choose any random picture, choose one that will relate to the topic that you are writing about.
2. Put your post into a category and tag it with relatable topics- tagging your posts will instantly get it more views because people will often look for a post that is related to whatever they are looking and it is likely that they will look at your post if it has a good title and picture. Putting your post into a category is also like tagging it but I think doing both is best just so that your viewers can see what type of posts you have.
3. Choosing a good title- this is also important because it is the first thing that most people will see. Good titles will interest the reader and they will be more likely to look at your other posts.
4. Share your posts on social medias- by sharing your posts on social medias, it’ll make your blog more popular as SO many people have one, they’ll probably check your blog out.
5. Commenting- by commenting on other people’s blog, you are going to be noticed by the person and the other commenters. Find blogs that are similar to yours and if you comment something about their post and link your blog, they will probably check out your blog and hopefully follow it.
6. Tell your friends- your real friends will definitely look at your blog and probably enjoy reading it whatever the topic is. I’m very lucky to have friends that enjoy my blog and they show support which I am very grateful for.
7. Blog often- if you blog more regularly and frequently your audience is more likely to rise and you are going to get more views.
8. Size doesn’t matter- remember size doesn’t matter, as long as you have a committed audience that you know who enjoy your blogs then you are fine.
9. Quality over quantity- it doesn’t matter how long your posts are as long as they have good material that makes sense and they actually relate to your title then you are writing good blogs.
10. It takes time- you are going to have to be patient, you aren’t suddenly going to gain a lot of followers overnight. Nothing worth having comes easy so if you are really committed to your blog, you will gain more followers quicker than you realise.
Don’t just start a blog because you think you’ll be able to get paid a lot for it, the truth is if you aren’t passionate about what you are doing then the content probably isn’t going to be good as it should be. Only do it because you want not because you feel you have to. I hope you enjoyed this blog and that if you do start one that you gain a lot of loyal followers, happy blogging! Thanks for reading xoxo